Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resetting Baseline Schedule

6 replies [Last post]
Albert Balogo
User offline. Last seen 9 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Planners,

Is there anyone knows how to RESETthe baseline schedule. I have a revised schedule, but when I applied it as a baseline the Baseline project finish date goes beyond the required dates.

Thanks

Albert

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

If your baseline & current scheduels are direct copies, with no changes at all then yes, baseline finish should be the same as current finish.

My guess is you are not showing the baseline finish date, but the planned finish date instead. It's a common problem for inexperienced planners due to Primavera's stupid default settings. See the below link for Paul Eastwood's excellent explanation:

http://eastwoodharris.com/DL/TP/110616_P6_V7_What_Baseline_Bars_am_I_Displaying.pdf

I have no idea what is meant by "resetting" the baseline, in this context.

Cheers,

G

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Albert 

if you want to take your current schedule and de-status it and make it a baseline I will give you a link on how to do that 

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Albert 

if you want to take your current schedule and de-status it and make it a baseline I will give you a link on how to do that 

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Albert

Baseline is a baseline, a frozen status of a project agreed to by all relevant stakeholders. It is made to compare current status with the original one in reports. If there are major modifications - claims, force majeure, ... - a new BL has to be established.

If you want to use a BL for a current project, you can restore it:

Menue bar: Project --> Maintain BL --> select the right one --> Restore --> copy -->

- with the original: Maintain BL --> create

- With the copy: use as a normal schedule.

Regards

Dieter 

Albert Balogo
User offline. Last seen 9 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Deither,

Thank for your response, what I mean is that I stablished a baseline schedule which is revised for the ongoing project. From this baseline, I took a copy to be used for updating, but when I applied my baseline the Baseline Finish Date does not match to the current. Note I have not done any update yet in which both current and baseline finish date should be the same.

Some people says baseline schedule should be reset but I dont know how, as im using P6.7.

Thanks

Albert

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Albert

I don't really understand your issue. If you'll create your project as a BL, a copy will be made of the main project and linked as a BL.

The only reason I can imagine for such a difference is: There were updates, then BL was created, then "F9". Then you'll have a difference between project and BL.

Regards

Dieter