Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Running P6 V7 and 8 on same laptop

3 replies [Last post]
Steve Eiden
User offline. Last seen 7 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Greetings all

Was wondering if anyone has installed a standalone P6 V8 onto a laptop with V7 on it (including 12-14 DB). I need to be on V8 for some clients but still have open contracts on a dozen projects where I would like to stay in V7. Oracle says they understand it can be done but frown on support for it from a business standpoint. Seems like an odd viewpoint.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 8 hours ago. Offline

Steve

you can turn those icons off or choose not to show them.

Steve Eiden
User offline. Last seen 7 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks Z

FYI i have a dozen databases with multiple saved schedules in each that I would prefer to not convert to 8.2..rather wind them down and then move into 8.2. 

Also, ever since I saw the first of the sesame street icon characters I have been loathe to switch to 8.2.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 8 hours ago. Offline

hi Steve 

I assume that you now have V7 and also want V8  I am not sur eof your reasons but be that as it may you have two options.

I assume V7 is installed on your current operating system 

Option #1

install a Windows virtual XP on your system and install version 8 there

here is the link to installing virtual XP

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-m...

Option #2

here is you link

http://tensix.com/2014/08/how-to-install-two-primavera-p6-versions-on-on...