Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Driven Activities vs Task Driven Activities & how it effects Original Duration

3 replies [Last post]
Richard Harrell
User offline. Last seen 8 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Can anyone tell me how P6 handles the original duration while an activity is Resource Driven vs Task Driven ?  The Activity Calander is 7x24x2 while the Resource Calander is 5x10x1.  

Replies

Richard Harrell

Thanks Mike...

Richard Harrell

If an Activity is Task Driven the Original Duration for that activity may be 4 as displayed in the original duration field.  Change the activity to Resource Driven and the original duration as displayed will change.  I know why it changes, but what I am trying to do is to get it to display the 4.  The client wants to see the "Activity Original Duration" not the "Resource Duration".  I have a very difficult time trying to write and explain what I am asking.  It is a big weakness.  If you can understand me, I would appreciate any help.  Thanks

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Richard

Normally the resource driver over rides the task.

This leads to all sorts of confusion if the two are out of sync - best keep them the same.

Best regards

Mike Testro