Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Problem with Primavera Export from P6v7 to P6V8.3.2

8 replies [Last post]
Tom Tom
User offline. Last seen 5 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello There,

I just created a schedule using Primaver P6v7 and everything looks fine just as expected but the problem Im facing now is that my boss uses Primavera P6 v8.3.2 and something is not looking right when he imported the file into his system. The scehedule was resource ans cost loaded. When my boss imported the file, the dates looks fine but the "Budget At Completion" doesnt match the original schedule. Whats is going on, someone help?

Thanks

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

TOM TOM

Look at my attachment here and you can choose waht you want to import. Under calendars make sure to choose insert new

Also make sure that the default calendars are the same including holidays and work HOURS PER DAY

Also make sure tha your data date TIME is correct

http://pmsite.com/forums/viewthread/3252

Richard Joshua Mance
User offline. Last seen 2 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Duplicate Please delete

Richard Joshua Mance
User offline. Last seen 2 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

Good day! I humbly seek your advice regarding the same.

I encountered the same problem as Tom. In my case, my colleague made the program in P6 6.0 and then i imported it to P6 8.3. Then the Budgeted Total Cost was different from the one he made and the one that was shown in my program. I inspected the breakdown and it seems that there are variance in the prices of resource loading. I also tried to check and compare the settings that he used in his program as follows:

1. Recalculate assignment cost

2. same calendar settings.

3.  same Earned value settings.

However, i still cant resolve the issue. Is there any other suggestions you can give regarding this?

Thanks in advance.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

1. The calendars could be the problem meaning different working days 

2. Your data date TIME may be different edit, users preferences, Dates tab, check 12 hour and show minutes

now f9 and check the data date TIME. Also the Project start TIME Project Must finish by date TIME and any constraint date TIMES

3. The duration type maybe different

4. The resources maybe different in terms of default units / time

5. Also check you admin Preferences under the Earned Value tab 

Look under the Earned Value Calculation and make sure his setting are the same as yours 

Ahmed Aziz
User offline. Last seen 8 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Tom,

Make sure that the project calendar name (in your P7 system) doesn't match any of the global calendar names in the new system, I think that's the problem 

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks for your reply.

To start to resolve this issue:

- Unmark "recalculate..."

- For project calendars add project's short id to the name. In your case a global calendar with your name existed already; this was remarked by import and this calendar assigned

- Check the import options. They are self explaining and a good help function for more explanations. Don't overwrite master data in the target system. 

- Compare the parameter settings of both systems.

Hope this helps

Deter

Tom Tom
User offline. Last seen 5 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Yes "parameter recalculate assignment costs after scheduling" box is checked. Actually the date is also wrong after he tries to run the schedule on his system. I think I know one of the issues. All callender were project calender in the original schedule but they were some of them were exported as a global in the new system. Help what do i do.

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

I assume under schedule options the parameter recalculate assignment costs after scheduling.

Dieter