Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

can i change 1 word within multiple activity names?

2 replies [Last post]
Ashley Reeves
User offline. Last seen 7 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

hi all

i have been given a plan to run that i didnt build myself and the plan has a few errors, there is around 200 tasks that are identifying the wrong peice of equipment were working on so rather than change each 1 individually i was wondering if it is possible to use global change and somehow find the word im looking for within all tasks and replace with another??

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

once i have a few years experience with the software i shall make a point of helping out others like i have been helped out on here

Replies

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 23 hours ago. Offline

Ashley,

Use Filter and Ctrl+R. Replace the Words accordingly.

Ashley Reeves
User offline. Last seen 7 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

never mind

in my haste to ask the question i didnt search for topics that already covered this,

once i posted the topics similar to mine solved it,

thanks for reading anyway