Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to replicate an activity, making it a copy which gets the dates of the first when scheduling

1 reply [Last post]
Enric Estruch
User offline. Last seen 10 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi to everyone, I have searched and searched, but I couldn't find the answer.

I want to summarize a big project selecting only the activities I want, or groups of them.

"Level of Effort" activities are the best solution. BUT they only work when I select different activities as predecessors and successors. But what happens if I want to put in my summary just one activity? I am then not allowed to use a SS relationship and FF relationship with the same activity (not allowed to select it at all again).

Level of effort activities allow me to get this personalized summary of how is the project going when I schedule it, but if I want to replicate just one activity in my summary project, I can't. Is there a way to make an "slave" copy of the "master" activity?

This way, if the master gets modified (not by me), when I schedule my summary project, the "slave" gets updated with the new start and finish dates (the only data I want to preserve).

Thanks,

Replies

Enric Estruch
User offline. Last seen 10 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Well, it's working now as it should, forget about it. I don't understand where did I make the mistake.