Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

how to convert duration to weight in primavera ?

5 replies [Last post]
Irfan Khan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

hi to all experts,

here i am searching a way in primavera which is that how to convert my Original Duration to weight ?

Some details are here :

My manager asked me to load overall project cost only to Construction Phase. But for Engineering & Procurement phases 
you have to measure based on duration.

He wants to map the of % of completion for all 3 phases i.e. (Engineer, Procurement & Construction) separately.

Plz if anyone knows the way, kindly share with me. I will be highly obliged.

thanks in advance….. 

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

Irfan,

I'm not sure I understand your problem? -All the fields you require should be available to you in the activity usage spreadsheet

-Earned Value (cost), Earned Value (labour), Planned Value (cost), Planned Value (labour), Actual cost, Actual Labour, Remaining cost & Remaining labour 

If you apply the correct filter, you should only get the results for the relevant phase

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 50 min ago. Offline
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 50 min ago. Offline
Irfan Khan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

thanx Gary, 

after following your procedures i got result. But here i want these value separately in Activity Spreadsheet as well.

Coz i want to show it by curves i mean Planned, Actual & Forcast by exporting it to Excel for each disciplines.

any clue....?  

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

1) Create a zero-cost labour resource called "Procurement Weighting"

2) Add this resource to all Procurement tasks, Budget units = original duration

3) Repeat for Engineering

4) Set up a filter for engineering, procurement & construction phases

5) Filter the project before reporting. Use "Earned Value Labour units" to track progress for engineering & procurement phases & "Earned Value cost" for construction phase. % complete = EV/BAC

NB: If you have any summary tasks or long-duration activities with little work actually being done in the engineering or procurement phases, they will skew your progress figures. Consider ommitting them from the reports by not loading them with resource

Cheers,

G