Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MS Project 2007 - Remaining Work

No replies
Matthew Ramsdale
User offline. Last seen 6 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi, relatively new to using Microsoft Project 2007 and looking for some knowledge.

I have created my schedule, resourced and generated my man hours (work). I have used the baseline man hours, extracted from the task usage sheet, to generate a baseline S Curve on a Earned Man Hours week by week basis. I have now entered progress into the schedule and due to delays with access etc we are behind schedule. I know what we have earned for so I can enter this into the S Curve also.

The problem I am having is seeing the effect the delays have had on the remaining work. Does MS Project reallocate remaining man hours across remaining duration, based on resource and can you show this in the task usage screen? I am wanting to use this to generate the forecast to completion.

If not, how do I extract this info from the schedule.

NOTE: The schedule is not cost loaded.