Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Priority based levelling for split tasks having actuals

No replies
proj2 proj2
User offline. Last seen 12 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I have seen below behaviour in 2007:
- A task A got split as there were some actuals before the start date followed by a work done on a different task
-Later there was a changing in project priorities with other project tasks getting higher priorities
- To make sure that half worked task A gets finished before any other task I set its priority to 1000
-Still pending part (after the split) of task A is prioritised after all the tasks having priority less to it! (I use Priority/Standard levelling; no splits allowed)

Why is that? To get around I had to delete actuals for Task A and then re-level.

thanks