Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Unify Projects In Excel and Fix some problems

No replies
Jhorbam Baena Orozco
User offline. Last seen 2 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi...well sometime ago i post a topic about unify a macro project cormformed by 9 independent projects and all them inserted in one master project and linked between them with external links...and i wanna unify in one only project with all activities, resources, durations, and convert all the external links in normal o local links...

Well i tried all the options that i can use...the best option was export to excel project to project and then unify in one file all them in one excel file, and start to fix all the problems...convert the external links in local links...but well more problems...the ID for each "single project" start in 1 but in some cases don't hace a 1 to 1 secuence, in other cases the ACtivity ID referenced in the external link don't match with the link exported by project to the activity...so i'd export again the master project (the project tha have inserted all the projects)...but i include in this export the Predecessors EDT and Sucessors EDT and the Exclusive Activity ID...to and my first impression was confirmed, the ID exported by project don't match with the id referenced in the predecessor.

So i'll have a lot of work make manually all the changes...know somebody how i can do that in auto mode more fast?..

Or know somebody how i can a process in project that unify and convert the external links in local links?

Thanks to everyone.

Note: The file exported in excel in this http://www.4shared.com/document/7BxmPJpZ/PDT_Proyecto_COC.html