Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Printing in A0 size plotter-MS Project

9 replies [Last post]
Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

I was trying to print the MS Project file in A0 size plotter. My project starts in Feb 2010 and ends in Dec 2011. But when I print in A0 size the bar chart shows up to 2013. So a lot of empty area is showing in the print out.

But it seems to be perfect in the A4 and A3 size prints; ie as per the given parameters from Feb 2010 to Dec 2011.

Can anyone please inform me what may be the problem while A0 size printing?

Thanks

Kannan

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 29 min ago. Offline
Kannan,

Andrew’s suggestion have worked for me for years, I have a small laser printer but my clients want to print the reports in Tabloid size, I setup a PDF in tabloid size and then e-mail it, my clients always can print it on tabloid paper even when I cannot as my printer is limited to letter and legal size paper.

This is what I did with sample project to mimic your issue and had to play a little bit with the scale until I got what I wanted.

In your case because you have the printer that can print A0 paper size you should be able to do it without the need of a PDF. Still my favorite way is to use PDF as this is my electronic record. In case you do not have a PDF printing software recommend above all the original Adobe Acrobat, if on a budget then try free PrimoPDF as the new version works with multiple worksheets on a single workbook, not as nice as Adobe Acrobat but many free printers are bad at this.

http://www.primopdf.com/index.aspx

If you are in need to test it you can send me the file and I will make a PDF on A0 paper size, then you can try to plot it. You can contact me through PP e-mailing and then I will provide you with my e-mail for the transferring of files.

Best regards,
Rafael
Andrew Owenson
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Use the custom size in the pdf print software and change it to the equivalent AO size, as I have said it works for me.

Regards

Andrew
Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi friends,

Thanks for your replies.

I tried to change the scale from 100 to 200%, still its not working. Now I have to look into the settings of the plotter.

I want the whole schedule in a single A0 size paper. so not possible to convert to PDF, since it will come in multiple pages only.

Kannan
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 29 min ago. Offline
Try increasing scale size as fit to one page wide will not rescale if it fits on 100%, try with 200%.
Andrew Owenson
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
I always plot to a pdf before printing to AO seems to work for me.

Andrew
Mal Leadbetter
User offline. Last seen 10 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Dooh

Should have paid more attention! Still wise to check this and the page set up, fit timescale to page
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 21 hours 20 min ago. Offline
Mal,
I believed that was not the problem because Kannan already mentioned have that parameter range Feb 2010 to Dec 2011.
Mal Leadbetter
User offline. Last seen 10 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
On the print window within MSP there is a timescale option, I would set this to 1 month after your programme end date and check Page set up, view and check fit timescale to end of page
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 21 hours 20 min ago. Offline
Kannan,
There is some adjustment on Plotter Configuration depends on the type of Plotter (refer to Plotters Manual). To avoid that problem the work around is print to PDF and print PDF to plotter.

Hope this help.