Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MS Project - Early Dates vs Late Dates

2 replies [Last post]
Ian Thomson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Good afternoon

I am trying to produce both early- and late date curves in MS Project. Have any of you done this? Thanks in anticipation.

Replies

Robyn Brown
User offline. Last seen 13 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

The early late dates Graph for M/S can be produced from within MS Project then exported automaticccaly to excel to provide the S Curve using VBA code.

Regards
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
It is possible to get an S-Curve from MSP but it is not the best presentation. Select the tasks a top window Gantt chart, show the resource Graph on the bottom window, right click & select the Cumulative Work, Select Bar styles… and select line for all and/or selected tasks.

Most people I know export the data to Excel to create S-curves using one of the export functions. I like the Analyze timescale data in Excel function found on the Analysis toolbar. They produce the S-Curves from Excel.

To make a late curve I make sure I have a closed network and I usually then make all the activities ASAP to create the Late curve. Hopefully someone has a better method than this but I have not found any other method of producing a late curve.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au