Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Predecessors status on the same view

8 replies [Last post]
Álvaro Gómez
User offline. Last seen 18 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

I am using MSP 2000 and my question is the following:

I made a combined view which shows on the upper side a table with the pending tasks for a resource, and on the lower side the resource graph.

The main user of this view needs to see, next to each task, his predecessors and the status of them on a quick an visual way.

I tried with the Relationship Diagram, but it only shows the predecessors and sucessors, not their status (I only need if the task is completed or not).

is this possible?

Thanks.

Álvaro Gómez
Planning Engineer
Spain

Replies

Zhang Haixiang
User offline. Last seen 3 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
some activities may have more than one predecessor,you should think about how to sort by preducessors’ status.
I think you can save the project as Access database,then do it in ACCESS,it is more powerful than PROJECT for data processing.
Álvaro Gómez
User offline. Last seen 18 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks all,

my idea is to visualize the predecessors status in a column, in order to sort the tasks by this predecessors status (first 100% complete, next 0%). On this way, the user could see quickly the work which really can be started.

I am still trying different methods to solve this problem, such as macros Alexandre suggest.

Regards.

Álvaro.
Raj Maurya
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Alvaro,
Why are you not trying with Network diagram? I think that will help you to show the progress as well. Only thing you need to filter the required activity.
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, I did not say zero slack, but the slack should be blank, ie no value in the column.
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
The normal way to see if an activity is completed, is to look at the float, or slack as referred to in MPS, I do not recall if they have this function. If the slack is blank, the activity is completed