Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Custom Baseline

No replies
Will Russell
User offline. Last seen 11 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am having a problem with saving baselines, Baseline 10 in this case.
I have a material resource of a certain value and I want to update the value of this resource, in Baseline10 cost, because its original value was typed in wrong.
The assignments associated with this resource reflected the correct amount but did not “rollup” to reflect the total - no problem I thought and I input the summed value into the resource Baseline10 Cost field and saved the file safe in the knowledge of a job well done.
I came to open it the next day and it had reverted to the previous value.
I thought that possibly I should have put the correct value against the resource in the Resource Sheet so I tried this but again after saving, closing and reopening the file it had reverted to the previous value again.
The crux of the matter is that in the other views I use, Task Usage and the Gantt view, the baseline values rollup, the assignments in the Resource Usage View against this item reflect the correct amount but the total remains incorrect.
Has anyone come across this problem? Was there a way around it? Is there a setting which I have not come across which will automatically rollup the assignment values in the Resource Usage View?
Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated.
Will