Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Macros

5 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Does anyone know how to use macros in msprojet 98/2000???

Replies

Morteza Jafari
User offline. Last seen 11 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
but when I go in macro there is alot of text and I could not find fountion must to change it, there is a easily way.
Forum Guest
VBA macros are very powerful tools to overcome shortfalls in MSP. Most macros I have seen take info from MSP either to Excel or Access using DDE commands. (allows you to take info from one application whilst running another)
The main problem with the wizard function is that they commonly only allow for 1-step function which is fine but can just as easily be created using linked data between applications.

The beauty of VBA Macros is that data can be manipulated in various ways depending on the scenario you require.

I found the best way to learn is to create a single step macro using the wizard then you can edit this (tools Macro/Edit) and modify it accrodingly using the VBA tool help function which is quite explicit.
Many tutorial books have been written.
Morteza Jafari
User offline. Last seen 11 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
yes I used this way but I could not understand how can I change my macro?
Forum Guest
aslo there is a possibility in MSP and Excel while you do not know about VB, you can use from wizardof macro, it meanes you make a wizard then do something want to do macro and then stop wizard then you have a crated macro, you can use it in repated job again, it is very easy and use it very much.
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Macros are written in VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). You may need to run your installation setup routine to ensure that you installed the VBA support for MS-Project.

The Help system explains how to use Macros, and the Visual Basic editor (Tools -> Macro -> Visual Basic Editor) also has a Help file. One good way to learn how to write Macros is to study ones that are already written.

Jack Dahlgren has posted a site with Microsoft Project Macros, Tools and Tips

HTH!

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software