Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

New Spammer on PP

3 replies [Last post]
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Admin

Please can you remove the spammer named "cheap jewelry" from the members list.

Best regards

Mike T.

Replies

Hi All,

We are working on removing these posts and users as we find them.  There appear to be some people who's job it is to bypass the security measures to post this rubbish.  Now that the website / community is much more popular than before, these spammers find us to be more attractive for them to post too (as they think there will be more people reading their posts!)

Thanks for everyones help on this whilst we find a robust solution.

Thanks...PP Team

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

Most of the spam we are seeing on the boards contains links to a website called personalmoneystore.

We delete them when we see them, but please never click on a link in a thread unless you trust the poster, and certainly never click on a link to this personalmoneystore website.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Mike,

What I've been doing when I find one of these is to right-click on the user name and 'copy shortcut', then past that shortcut into a PM to PP Admin. James usually responds within a day or so.

For info, James tells me the techy guys are looking into automated systems to block a lot of the spam that has been infesting the forums lately, which is apparantly a consequence of PP becoming more sucessful and getting better search engine results recently.

To members: If you notice any spam messages on the forums, please post a link to the thread here, and we'll delete the spam and request the user is blocked from the site.

Cheers,

G