Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Expert reply make as Standard Reference Document

3 replies [Last post]
Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
I request to compile all the best reply of our experts in our group and make as a standard reference document for each subject. For example the documents should have following headings
a) Primavera 3.0, 5.0 & 6.0.
b) Construction Claims.
c) Standard Planning practices.
If it is available in our website, the queries of the forum members will not be repeated and one can best use the replies as a standard document.
I require all your feedback.

Replies

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Haresh,

Did you continue doing this, or was it just an idea at the time?

With kind regards,

Samer
Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Main Group: Primavera 5 & 6:

Subgroup of Topic discussed:

a) Activity ID......
b) Global change......
c) Earned value.....
d) Customization of reports & report generation.
e) Resource loading & leveling...
f) WBS, Activity codes, Project codes, bar options & printouts..

I feel creating such subgroups for the topic discussed will help the user to access their materials in better way.....

regards,

Haresh
Francis Moyalan, ...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Haresh,

Appreciate your idea for putting together responses to formulate a standard document. But as you highlighted this option as a remedy to prevent repetition of repeated query is not logical as it carry the whole idea of having a forum like PP down below the drain or rather I’d say ’ll kill it! There can’t be any standard response to any query under a particular discussion topic as every point put forward by PP members are contributing towards reaching the best possible solution / idea.

Rather I suggest to open a new forum / page dedicated to discuss planning / contracts related topics under various business disciplines like Oil & Field, Construction- Infra & Real, Power , EPC Turn Key , Industries like Cement /Aluminium Smeltering etc....

Other opinions are welcome!

Cheers