Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How can I stop e-mail option

10 replies [Last post]
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 11 hours 33 min ago. Offline
How can I stop e-mail me from threads I do not want any longer to receive e-mails when someone makes a posting?

At a thread that became a feeding frenzy I tried to unsubscribe the e-mail me option by un-clicking the selection box but did not worked.

At other forums you can control your subscription at will within a tab/screen that allows you to do so, this without interfering on the thread, you can subscribe or unsubscribe to any thread at any moment even if you never posted into the thread.

This cannot be a life sentence, I got to be missing something.

Best regards,
Rafael

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi Raviraj

There are two option here:

1. To be able to unsubscribe to any particular thread once you have conributed.

2. To show the topic in the email response so that you can delete it from your inbox.

I will pass these on to the admin but they may take a long time to get round to it.

Hi Rafael

The thread that was giving you the most problem was my one about a bottom up planning sample.

I have locked it so you will not get any more from that source.

Best regards

Mike Testro
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
The intention of speaking with u is that u r one of the most active and serious moderators. U can help those who are not using outlook but using private mails like those of yahoo, hotmail, gmail and others.

So, v hav to open each mail everytime and then we will come to know, what is the topic.

Can the thread topic itself become the subject of the mail.

??
Mike Testro
Hi Rafael

I use Outlook and have a number of filters to different inboxes so I know if an incoming email is from PP.

Others are personal or business and I have a very active spam filter so for me unwanted emails are not a problem.

I have never had a problem with outlook which came in the Microsoft Office XP bundle.

Best regards

Mike Testro
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
But for that we have to open each mail everytime.

Can the topic of the thread itself be in the subject to avoid such frustration of opening and deleting.

Can moderators can change the system??
Mike Testro
Hi Rafael

I just look at the topic on the email and delete it if I am not interested in the thread.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Scarllet Pimpernel
User offline. Last seen 12 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
The moderators cannot come up with solutions.

This is because of the basic concept of PP, to keep all members inform and ...

to get all members involve by sending them all email.

You have really lots of options:

Keep quiet so that no message will come to your email.

be a pain in the ass for the moderators, and you will get booted out from PP, then you dont care and PP dont care also

In conclusion: Raffy boy, shut up.

Thank you,
Scarlett

Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
You are not the first one to complain about this, look at the posting. Lots of new members have chosen to use P.P. as a cut and paste Planning web site. This is such a shame. That is why many of the planners prefer not to even participate in forums anymore. I hope the moderators will come up with a solution soon.
Rafael Davila
Mike

Some people to keep separate business from personal e-mails do not use Outlook but a free web e-mail service such as, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Windows Live Hotmail or any other. Many of these services do not provide a preview screen and the only way to know the topic if not within the subject is by opening the e-mail. To them is twice annoying.

If you work for a company with an e-mail server such as Outlook Exchange Server and you do not want the e-mails being blocked then your best option is to use any of such services, although they might even block your access to such sites if they wish, especially if detect too much traffic from these sites. Most probably many have already being blocked.

Best regards,
Rafael
Rafael Davila
Gary

I had no other option than to change my e-mail on the database to a fictitious (stopsendmeacopy@pp.net) as to avoid the feeding frenzy e-mails I receive every time someone ask for a copy.

If you get to find out how to deal with the issue keep in mind I will not be receiving any e-mail from PP, there is a chance I will get the message if you post it in some thread while I am actively watching the same.

Best regards,
Rafael
Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
I agree, Rafael. This would be a nice improvement.

I’d also prefer it if the default option was not to recieve emails, but that’s just because I often forget to uncheck the box.