Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

5 replies [Last post]
Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Come on guys this just does not fit. Is `Location` a new software??? Why is Malaysia privileged to have their own forum discussion page? The next thing every country will want their own page and what will this Planning plannet look like. Let´s keep the focus on what this was created for, to help planners with Planning problems worldwide. Categorised by the various softwares on use and cost and claim and whatever else pops up in the developing construction market and Buz word inventor

The next thing you will be adding is a dating forum for planners working far away from home and needing companionship. Hey now that I think about it, it is not a bad Idea.

Replies

Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Shahzad,

I agree with you completely.

Chris Oggham
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
If the forum continues as it is rather than its regional splitting, I think it will be better.
Ferdinand Fincale...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Carmen has given regional PP membership figures. I guess it would be a good start to move on with this regional discussion idea. Of course, it would not mean leaving the main threads as it was but simply reducing some threads which are of regional concern that is now planned to be contained in one section.

This is in addition to what I have posted in Location:UAE.

I see nothing wrong with this idea.

Cheers!

Happy Planning and Scheduling
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
There is something diabolical with that main thread Location Malaysia, because it was not deleted

It was supposed to be a trial or test, but some copycat maybe with IT expertise also generated this main thread Location: Malaysia.

This should stop for the same reason I mention in Location: UAE.

Can your imagine if our beloved forum will be bombarded by such nice but irrelevant topics as main thread????

Location: Paco (Paco is a small district in Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines)

Pls, pls we will put a stop on this. this is totally irrelevant as main thread,

Maybe as sub-thread to a main thread
Carmen Arape
User offline. Last seen 6 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Joel,

Fully agree with you regarding the opening of Malaysia forum, WHY Malaysia and no China.

Working with PP figures regarding PP pool of worldwide planners, I got the following :

PP worldwide members distribution :

Europe: 9821 planners
S. America: 343
N. America: 3158
M. East : 4493
Asia : 10269
South Asia : 2634

If we would like to break up the forum by locations, let’s use the split shown above. The regions mentioned above represent economic systems. Capital investment projects are strongly linked to the economic performance of the region.
The best example of this is the actual financial crisis and its effect on slowing down or stopping projects .

Regarding the dating option, I think that it would be a proposal without success here.

Cheers,