Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

New Category in the Forum for "Cost Engineering/EVMS"

No replies
Andrew Ng
User offline. Last seen 4 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear members,

I have seen many posting and threads on Cost Engineering and Earned Value related subjects scattered all over the different categories in the Forum.

Most have been asking repeatedly largely similar questions on the basic of Cost Engineering, many a times the answers could be have been found easily had there been a common areas where these queries can be addressed to.

There are many new techniques and ideas/concepts being developed in the Defence industry in USA and Australia, and like EVMS and PERT 30 years before, it will be a matter of years before they would be adopted in industries like IT and Construction. A tremendous amount of research findings, procedures and manuals have been posted after developed in conjunction with the special requirement within the magaprojects these industries embarked on over the past years, I would propose that the Webmaster set up this new category so that the numerous parties with prior experiences in these areas like me could post in this HUB of sort, all websites links and pdf files we have gathered over the years of pursuing our knowledge in this area.

These we hope can help in whatever small way we can, the propagation of more cost engineering and earned value method knowledge to as wide the industries as possible.

Please give us your support by making the same request to the webmaster if you share my views and suggestions above.

Thanks.

Andrew Ng
Project Control Lead,
Sinclair Knight Merz, Brisbane.