Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Forum Category Listing

5 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello,

We have recently worked on the main Forum page script - the one that lists the 9 forum categories. We have speeded up the script significantly.

Let us know if it needs further improvement !

Regards...Development Team

Replies

Forum Guest
Hi Mark / Bernard,

I have made some mods to the email script in order to see if I could create a "valid server name" that your email server will accept. This email should let us know if it works (hope so!)

Regards...James
Mark Lomas
User offline. Last seen 15 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
James and our IT guys have identified why our server blocks them. James is looking into a fix.
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Im receiving e-mail notifications on my end. Mark, could your e-mail system be filtering the PP mails as SPAM?

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software
Forum Guest
Mark,

We have had a dozen or so emails on this. Its a 50-50 split on which looks better. With name or with-out. I think that by omitting the names you concentrate on the posts date and time more, and with your suggested "order" facility, I find it far easier to see the new posts.

There are still some BIG bugs in the forum, but I will try to fix them before too many people notice!

I am flumoxed as to why you are not getting email notifications. Will look into it more.

Regards.
Mark Lomas
User offline. Last seen 15 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Excellent work on the listing "by newest thread", however, it now doesnt show who posted ?

Also, still not getting email notifications. Any clues?