Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

[deleted]

3 replies [Last post]
Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello expert out there can somebody share their knowledge about a Operational parameter or production rate:
tHis is the case :

This is a site preparation work the area is very wide no obstruction the scope is to develope the area:

What I want to know is Production rate for Excavation and filling to require level wherein Qty to be excavated = Qty to fill: Given Qty = 9,723,436 cubic meter,

Want to know estimated Manhour / Mandays and Equipment hour.

Need some help

Best regards,

Replies

Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Hello , Thanks for your immediate response / advise. Kind regards, MMD
Tomas Rivera
User offline. Last seen 5 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Moises:

This question is posted in the wrong forum. But, anyway:

You need to take into account the type of material, humidity of soil, compaction degree of soil in natural state, hauling distance and whether or not the filling needs to be compacted and to what percentage. Based on this data you select the equipment to use and determine your production rate. You can determine the production rate based on experience of similar jobs, looking it up in estimating books or you can calculated it using construction equipment manufacturer´s performance handbooks like the ones Caterpillar has.

The solution might be as simple as using one type of equipment or it might entail a balanced mixture of diferent type and quantity of equipment units working in a coordinated way.

Tomas Rivera
Altek System
Detailed scheduling and control of
high performance construction projects

Anil Gupta
User offline. Last seen 16 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Dear My experience in kuwait is..for the large open sites where by there are no obstruction. i have observed that 075CUm crawler exvacator can give output of 320 to 400 cum in day of hrs shift .Thus I usually take as Average .03 MH and .02 equip hrs.