Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Is there a way of entering progress to a historic progress period?

2 replies [Last post]
Yasine Ali
User offline. Last seen 4 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I am trying to enter progress for a project where I need to adjust percentages in a progress period which goes back in time.

There are more progress periods after this.

I have two columns, one is Actual % complete and the other is Planned % complete.

However when I select one of the progress periods the Planned % complete changes but the Actual % complete stays the same as the progress entered in the latest progress period.

How do I overcome this?

The reason for this is because I am trying to produce an S curve but I have a flat line for the first half of the project and I just want this first half to match the baseline.

Thanks

Replies

Yasine Ali
User offline. Last seen 4 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Charlotte,

Thank you for your helpful post.

I have tried the method you mentioned and it appears to have worked. I have realised that the drop down menu of "Progress periods" under table defenitions only shows up in the Overall percentage column.

I have always used the "Percent Complete" column and that dropdown menu option isnt available.

One thing I would also like to mention which may be useful to others is that if at one point of a project if you wanted to look back and see where progress was in terms of percent complete of specific tasks the way to do it would be to add the column "Progress at period". So each time you change the progress period you can see where the percentages were.

Thanks

Yasine

Charlotte Underhill
User offline. Last seen 6 years 21 hours ago. Offline

Hi Yasine,

If you change your Actual % complete column to Overall % complete you can then select the progress period you want to enter the percentage into. This is all done through the table definitions box.

In turn you can have a Overall % complete column for each progress period.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Charlotte