Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Multiple Milestones - Need Filters

2 replies [Last post]
R Wells
User offline. Last seen 8 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

After some searching I have not been able to locate a solution yet. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

In my schedule I have 4 milestones:

Section 1, Section 2, Section 3 and Section 4.

Each section consists of different buildings. I would to create a filter that shows the activities driving each milestone.

I can easily create a critical path and longest path filter to see the overall project. But I really need to see what activities are driving each section.

Thanks for your help!

Robby

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi R Wells

There is a subtle tick box on this feature where you can show only the driving links.

Also you can save the result as a View category so you can bring it to the screen at any time.

Asta support is the best in the business - always sharp even on the phone.

Compared to P6 who may respond in a day or two if they feel like it.

But then they don't like resonding to me because they have to type in my P6 password - P6iscrap.

Best regards

Mike Testro

R Wells
User offline. Last seen 8 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

For future reference....

I have received support from Asta on this question. The best solution is to use the "Path to Task" button located under the View tab. This will allow you to pick an activity and see the path leading up to it. In order to use this feature you need to select the actual bar/milestone in the gantt chart. Selecting the activity row will NOT work.

This is my first time contacting Asta support and they responded within 30 minutes. Abosultely amazing, what I thought was a long shot actually turned up being the only way I would have found out the solution. Well done Asta.