Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Week Numbers in columns using user fields?

8 replies [Last post]
Andrew Owenson
User offline. Last seen 1 year 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

I need to put the week numbers against activities. ie act 1 starts on the 2nd June. On the calendar I have set 2nd June as week one. How do I have that next the start date of the activity - same with the finish date.

Act                Start    Wk No.    Finish    Wk No.

vvvvvvv        02.06.14  1          20.06.14   3

Regards

Andrew

Replies

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Agreed - but the week beforehand is -1, not week zero which is what Andrew wants!

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Ben

In the date zone properties > Dates & Scales - You set the date at Date zero.

Week 1 follows after that.

Best regards Mike Testro

Ben Taunt

Hi Andrew,

Off the top of my head - not sure.  Will have to look into it.  However, I suspect not, as I don't think we have the concept of a Week Zero...  How would you define that?!

Cheers,

Ben

Andrew Owenson

Ben

Many thanks for your help, just tried it. It worked to an extent. It works perfectly for weeks 1 to the end of the contract ie positive numbers, but on pre-construction activities the start minus number is correct, but the finish reads -1. Now I know that this is correct as the Friday is still in the -1 week, but is there a way of showing this as a 0 to indicate the end of pre-construction.....

Tricky

Andrew

Ben Taunt

Hi Andrew,

Add a second Start Date column - it will initially match the column you already have.  However, select the whole column and go to the 'Format Cells' option - and chose the option under Date/Time to the second to last option which should result in 'Week' F, 'Day' D.

If you don't want the day of the relevant week showing, next choose custom and delete 'Day' D - leaving only 'Week' F.

I still can't get images to attach to my posts so here is a screenshot in my dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87631006/Week%20Numbering%20Options.JPG

Sorry for the slow reply - been away last few days!

Ben @ Asta

Mike Testro

Hi Andrew

If you can write the formula in excell then try the same in the asta spreadsheet.

They are sometimes interchangeable.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Andrew Owenson

Cheers Mike, I thought that might be the case - really easy in Excell !!

Andrew

Mike Testro

Hi Andrew

It will need a formula in the cell.

I have no idea what the formula would say and Asta do not make it easy.

Ask Ben Taunt.

Best regards

Mike T.