Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Filter Activites and Chart Properties

6 replies [Last post]
Asif Anwar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Planners

Is there any way we can save the different chart properties for different filters?

I have a programme where i need to run several filters. When i give a command to print out each filter, it will take the same chart properties which is saved with the original programme. I have to change the chart properties every time when i run the filter and need to print that particular filter.

Asif

Replies

Asif Anwar
Steve

Thanks a lot. Its working now.

Asif
Steve Field
User offline. Last seen 11 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Asif

Run Pdraw, it will open with a blank border. Select the "T"ext button and click on the layout. Hit F9 and you can then choose from the selection presented what info you need.

Once familiar with how this works, open an existing border file and ammend relevant "text" fields to portray the info you need. The help files are good, Asta will also help you if you are still struggling, 01844 261609.

Steve
Asif Anwar
Steve

Thanks. Could you please advise what properties to define in the border file. I am not very familiar with Asta border files and the properties defining there.

Asif
Steve Field
Asif

Providing the border file is set to "pull in" the relevant data from the programme, ie. filter name, date, comments etc. there should not be a need to keep changing the border file. Any time spent setting up the border file to work the way you want it to is well worth the effort.

The only caveat to this is if you are switching output between portrait and landscape, in which case two border files may be necessary.

Steve
Asif Anwar
Steve

Thanks for the advice. Its really useful and saves a lot of time as i have more than 15 filters to run.

Just to confirm, that every time when i print the file, i need to change the border file in the print setup which relates to the particular filter or is there any way that whenever i run that filter, the related print border file is automatically selected.

Asif
Steve Field
Asif

Try creating a new border file with the Pdraw programme supplied with the main software by adjusting an existing border file. I have created filter border files that read the filter name (taken as a token variable) and other chart information to suit the projects needs.

The programme is simple to use and is basically a graphic tool.

Once created to contain the layout and info you need, it pulls in the data automatically. I also keep border files that pull in the other avilable info such as chart info, comments and logos to suit different clients.

Regards

Steve