Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Calculating Actual percent complete in a project with duration type and without resource and Weight Factor

6 replies [Last post]
Shima Zabetian
User offline. Last seen 2 years 4 weeks ago. Offline

Is there anybody who faced to this problem?

I want to calculate Actual percent complete in a project that activities progress base on durations.

how can I do? I think I should read the plan percent complete from Duration % but I don't know that which column is shown Actual % ???

schedule% or original of duration% or... ????

How can get progress in this project type?????

Best Regards

Shima

Replies

Shima Zabetian

Dear Azade and other guys

yes, I got it. thank you so much.

Shima

azadeh khateri
User offline. Last seen 12 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

shima jan,

moshkelet hasl shod?

mukunda y
User offline. Last seen 10 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Dear shamiz, 

after finalizing the schedule, assign dummy resource, then save it as a baseline, then enter schedule % complete, which will give planned %,  to get the actual % Complete enter insert the duration % complete column

AB Timo
User offline. Last seen 9 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

shima,

You will find all what you require in 'Percent completes" category.For Planned % Complete you will select column of "schedule % Complete and other are present by there name.just Apply them to your activity window.

Regards

Shima Zabetian

Dear Kumar

thank you for your reply, and from which column I should read the Plan(baseline) % and the Actual (current) % after assigning this dummy resource?

regards

Shima

kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 16 weeks ago. Offline

Dear,

If you are using the % complete  type as duration type then i think there is a need to assign atleast a dummy resource for getting the actual %.

The only way to get the actual % without the reosuce assignment is through the physical % type.

for knwoing  the actual % complete for this type you can refer to Duration % complete.

Cheers