Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Calculating Actual percent complete in a project with duration type and without resource and Weight Factor

6 replies [Last post]
Shima Zabetian
User offline. Last seen 5 years 41 weeks ago. Offline

Is there anybody who faced to this problem?

I want to calculate Actual percent complete in a project that activities progress base on durations.

how can I do? I think I should read the plan percent complete from Duration % but I don't know that which column is shown Actual % ???

schedule% or original of duration% or... ????

How can get progress in this project type?????

Best Regards

Shima

Replies

Shima Zabetian

Dear Azade and other guys

yes, I got it. thank you so much.

Shima

azadeh khateri
User offline. Last seen 7 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

shima jan,

moshkelet hasl shod?

mukunda y
User offline. Last seen 6 years 4 days ago. Offline

Dear shamiz, 

after finalizing the schedule, assign dummy resource, then save it as a baseline, then enter schedule % complete, which will give planned %,  to get the actual % Complete enter insert the duration % complete column

AB Timo
User offline. Last seen 4 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

shima,

You will find all what you require in 'Percent completes" category.For Planned % Complete you will select column of "schedule % Complete and other are present by there name.just Apply them to your activity window.

Regards

Shima Zabetian

Dear Kumar

thank you for your reply, and from which column I should read the Plan(baseline) % and the Actual (current) % after assigning this dummy resource?

regards

Shima

kumar s
User offline. Last seen 3 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

Dear,

If you are using the % complete  type as duration type then i think there is a need to assign atleast a dummy resource for getting the actual %.

The only way to get the actual % without the reosuce assignment is through the physical % type.

for knwoing  the actual % complete for this type you can refer to Duration % complete.

Cheers