Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Seeking work experience in Planning...

6 replies [Last post]
Martyn Payge
User offline. Last seen 16 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Having completed the P3e - Primavera course with Milestone, I am now looking for work as a junior Planner.
Being new in the industry, I’m willing to give two weeks of my time for free to any company that would be interested in giving me some valuable work experience.

Any feedback would be grateful.

Kind regards

Martyn Payge

Replies

Abhijit Kale
User offline. Last seen 5 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Martyn,

Now a days in a construction industry there are lot of apportunities in various fields.

first decide in which stream you would like to work ie. building construction, infra projects, heavy civil engineering, design related planning.

if you have got any previous exp in any of the field you can utilise your practical exp with the help of P3 which u have learnt.

After all planning is nothing but utilising the past experiance for the betterment and accuracy for the next project.
cheers,
abhijit
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
for me, there’s nothing better than actual practice, so practise, practise, practise!
Martyn Payge
User offline. Last seen 16 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Everyone needs to start out somewhere, and that is what I’m trying to do.

Positive feed back would be grateful.
David Moses
User offline. Last seen 11 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi There

"...I’m willing to give two weeks of my time for free to any company...."

Sounds interesting?

Regards
Bill Guthrie
User offline. Last seen 7 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Martyn

Hate to pop your bubble, but running a program does not make you a planner.
You must know the basics of planning prior to applying planning to a program.

When you get to the point you can take a pen and paper and map out a plan and logic path and it is real, then you should think about a job as a planner.

Try it.
Example you want to build a building, what must take place first and all successors before you start vertical erection.
cheers b
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
U can also try the JOBS page in PP. Can find lot of openings there.

Cheers,