Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Import Excel to P6

1 reply [Last post]
bashir asghari
User offline. Last seen 6 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I want export start and finish of activities to excel file and after edited their,import to p6.I did all of step but after import,start and finish activities don't changed.please guide me.

thanks.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 days 3 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

first that is not how you schedule you use logic and durations to schedule and then you perform a forward and backward pass to determine the dates. But this is not the correct way but I will tell how to do it against all of my scheduling principles.

You will set up one activity to use as a template as your guide for the rest of your activities

1. use one activity go to the status tab and under costraints select primary and from the pull down select START ON

under that set the start on date that you want to use

2. Above constraints there is an Exp Finish box thsis is where you put your finish date in that you want

3. now select file export and choose excel and select activities when you get to the Select Template select Add

4. NOw select modify make sure to include the Primary Constraint (under the general category)

also select the Primary constraint date (Under dates)

also select the Expected Finish date (under dates) 

export this to excel and look at the data in the columsn for teh one activity that you aready did on p6 

use this same format for the other activites that you want to populate

save file

import into p6

done