Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera 8.2 tool bars missing

8 replies [Last post]
Darren Jones
User offline. Last seen 3 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

When i opened Primavera none of my toolbars are available and are missing, any idea how to restor them?

Replies

Neels Marais
User offline. Last seen 6 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

I also just lost my toolbar as well as the menu's on both sides of the screen,  I can only get into the Activities screen and can't even open another project. I'm working on P6.8.3, standalone

Muhammad Sohaib
User offline. Last seen 6 years 41 weeks ago. Offline

I also have lost my toolbar in primavera p-6 oracle 8.3 version

how can i fix it

Wasi Raza
User offline. Last seen 6 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Zoltan,

Thanks for appearing. I have been trying to solve this issue for last few months now and almost at the point of re-installing.

I could not login into the database using 'admuser' as you mentioned. However, i can login to database using 'admprm$pm'. When i run the query, i get the following error;

failed to parse SQL query:

ORA-00920: invalid relational operator

I have attached screenshots of the query. Also, I noticed that the 'User_data' field is greyed out. Does that mean i cannot alter it?

Thanks for any help guys. If i can fix it within this week, it would be great. Otherwise an entire reinstallation is the only way i suppose.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

glad I could help

Todd Milburn
User offline. Last seen 7 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

I was having the same problem, but for my admin user, menu bar and all the tool bars were missing and the only window open was the "Activities" window. 

I ran the script Zoltan Palffy provided and that corrected the problem.

THANK YOU!

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

This issue because of corrupt data in your user preference table, hence connect in to the database using admuser and run this below query will help you to delete the corrupted user data.

Update userdata set user_data = null where topic_name = 'pm_settings' and user_id in (select user_id from users where user_name = '<username>');

note : <username> is the user's login id for Primavera

Login to Project Management will recreate the user preference

Wasi Raza
User offline. Last seen 6 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Darren,

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I have the same issue and it seems to be a problem with no apparent solution but to uninstall and loose all data.

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

That is nothing compared to what happened to me; I slipped while using my mouse and turned off everything, including the menu area.  It gives you a very clean window with absolutely no way to activate anything. 

The secret to solving your problem is to right-click the mouse on the menu area (or at the very top just before the Window’s Handle area if missing the menu.)  Then click on the items you want turned back on.  Good luck!