Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Why pictures, loaded by me to forum disappear after some time?

8 replies [Last post]
Evgeny Z.
User offline. Last seen 39 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have recently posted several messages to forum with pictures, but pictures have then disappeared after approximately a day.

e.g.: look at my post from Wed, 2012-11-28 14:20 here:

http://www.planningplanet.com/forums/spider-project/529721/using-resource-skills-feature

Or post from Tue, 2012-11-27 08:38 here:

http://www.planningplanet.com/forums/spider-project/530051/risk-analysis-spider

At the same time I can see, that pictures, posted by others did not disappear.

What could I be going wrong?

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 30 min ago. Offline

Imagine how much space would be needed on PP servers, not to mention backups. I would go with Gary suggestion on a sticky thread. 

I also tried to embed a video window and only works at the preview level, this would be very cool.

Best Regards,

Rafael

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

Hi PP Admin,

Is there any update on this issue? It's been over a year since it was raised, is still occuring, and is quite incovenient.

If it's not fixable, I would prefer I think if we could disable the option of inserting images, and perhaps add a sticky thread explaining how to do this via an external hosting site, as Rafael suggests below.

We've lost a lot of very interesting / informative images over the past 15 months.

Cheers,

G

Evgeny Z.
User offline. Last seen 39 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Several times for me it took less than 24h

Rafael,

Thanks. I took your idea of embedding links to external sites directly into HTML. PICASA worked fine for me.

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

PP Admin,

I posted just yesterday.... and today morning it disapears....

Rafael Davila

Do you mean, theoretically 30,000+ users can post several pictures a day on PP? That's a lot of pictures, a lot of storage space.

The following might take 1 MB of storage space on a standard image format, but by using an external host it takes no space on your server other than the HTML code.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Hi there, Has anyone ascertained at what time period after posting that the images disappear? We will ask the technical people about this. Thanks and Sorry!
Rafael Davila

Some of us do not paste the pictures directly to the forum. Instead we save the pictures on a file hosting service such as Photobucket and paste the HTML code with rich-text disabled, then we return to rich-text mode and can see the picture as others will see it.

You disable/enable rich-text mode by clicking back and forth on the blue text "Disable rich-text"/"Enable rich-text" displayed on the lower left corner of the window you use to post your comments.

Long ago I found pictures posted directly will eventually vanish but not if saved on an external file host.

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

PP Admin,

I encountered the same as above. Any solutions?

Regards,

Raymund