Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Controlling of Re-Measurable Contract Project

5 replies [Last post]
Ponnaganti Sridhar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 41 weeks ago. Offline

i am here on small road project , which is a Re-Measurable contract.

Client here wants a Schedule in Excel did any one done a programme (Base-Line programme), as any one done a programmein Excel being a Professional.

is it possible to monitor a project of this kind with a S-Curve, maily the quitities keep on changing from the B.O.Q quantities every month because of Re-Measurable according to the work done on site.

and every week atleast Quantities cahnge and so, does the schedule as to keep on changing.

here i got typical type of Client

commments on this could me more help full for me

Sridhar

Replies

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Since your project is a roadwork, Suggest you do a time chainage type of control which is based on length.

Cheers,
Daniel
Ponnaganti Sridhar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Hi! Raviraj Bhedase,

yes it is very easy to make Shedule in Excel, it is just like just makeing colour lines in Excel, as if we make like on a pice of paper, like drawing no logical links or no C.P.M nothing no meaning, i think for that you don’t need a professional planner,

and coming to makeing the S-Curve it simply spreaing the cost according to the time of that activity and plot a curve but can you track the progress of the project like the one i am doing (Re-Measurable Contract)when there is no fixwd Budgeted Quantity in the project, the final Qualtities w’ll be according to the work exucuted on site

any who iam very thankfull for your suggestions and may be very usefull if you send me the file which u have done to sridhar.p.kd@gmail.com
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Just give me couple of days.
Ife Olyke
User offline. Last seen 9 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Raviraj,

I will also like a copy.

olyke@yahoo.com

Thanks.
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Sridhar,

Yaa, this type of scenario occurs if client staff doesn’t have any project management software as it is very costly to have multiple copies on such a smal project and most important, difficult to understand for the site team, as they are not used to large project environment.

In one of the industrial Building project few years before, I have developed an S-Curve with a very small schedule in Excel. (If u provide too many details, its of no use, as client dont understand these type of schedules).

S-Curve was fantastic and very easy to monitor.

If u wanna hav a copy, mail me at ravirajab@yahoo.co.in

Cheers,

Raviraj