Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Duplicate resources after XER import

4 replies [Last post]
David Ball
User offline. Last seen 11 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Planners,

When I update my master schedule by importing an updated XER file (provided by a contractor) the Resources assigned to activities are duplicated.

What causes this and how can I import the XER file without duplicating Resources?

Thanks very much

DFB

Replies

Anning Sofi
User offline. Last seen 5 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

To solve this problem,

1) Go to Projects Screen, (the view that displays all the Projects)

2) at the bottom tabs of the Project view, look for the Resources Tab.

3) Under the resource tab, look for the Resource Assignments (bold) letters

4). Untick or uncheck the box that says "Resources can be assigned to the same activity more than once."

Done

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi David,

The imported schedule might carry a resource with the same resource name but different resource ID or vice versa.

Extra Spaces in the Resource ID or Resource name will contribute to the problem.

David Ball
User offline. Last seen 11 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for the tip, but I am pretty sure the import settings are fine. I have been using the same Project Update Options without a problem for a while now. But with this new schedule I get duplicte resources.

DFB

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi,

When importing.. choose update Project then modify the Project Update Options accordingly.

Hope this will help.