Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to Keep Resource Usage Profile Time Period Filter After Clicking on Activity Details

2 replies [Last post]
Christian Glorieux
User offline. Last seen 12 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All,

I have leveled my resources however they remain over allocated in some instances.  That said, I would like to know if it is possible to view the "resource usage profile", select a "time period" to display the respective activities for that resource(s), then go into the "activity details" to adjust allocated resources if applicable; however when I do this, the "activity filter" for the "time period" from the "reource usage profile" is lost when I click the "activity details" tab.  I was therefore looking for a way to keep that "time period" filter from the "resource usage profile" while I am in the "activity details" tab.  Any help on this would be much appreciated.  Thank you for your time and have a good day.

Regards,

Christian

Replies

Christian Glorieux
User offline. Last seen 12 years 24 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for your help.  I have used your concept in principal by creating an activity code and filtering it out and it works however I would be interested in understanding your method detailed above.  Currently I have resource ID's allocated to each resource assigned however what does the Value "TL" mean?  I tried to create a filter as you mentioned above however no results were derived when I applied it.  Please let me know your thoughts when you get a chance.  Thank you for your time and have a good day.

Regards,

Christian

Mohammad Mojahid ...
User offline. Last seen 9 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Dear

if you want to see the activity

Click Project then activity

go to column and create Resource IDs column

then go filter

Display all rows Parameter Is Value High Value

Parameter                      is                          value
  Where          Resource IDs                   contains                TL 

you will get what you want.