Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How do you mergre 2 different projects into one project?

4 replies [Last post]
Ruel Camaquin
User offline. Last seen 3 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Guys,

So how do we merge 2 or more different project in a single project in P6? resourcing, cost account and other details will be encoded after the projects were merge.

Thanks in advance PP!

Ruel

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

another way to do it is to open one project and have the other project as an xer file. Select file import and during the importing undeer the IMPORT ACTION change this option and select 

ADD INTO EXISTING PROJECT instead ofthe default setting cretae new project 

Arun Kumar
User offline. Last seen 3 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

Thank you Mr. Dieter.  

Ruel Camaquin
User offline. Last seen 3 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Dieter,

Thanks for the tip, it gonna be forever. In order to save what i have done before i've made a reflection of the projects i wanted to merge - it's better to be safe than never.

Thank you very much!

Ruel

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Ruel

You can open two or more projects in common and P6 will regard them as one project.

Do you want to merge them "forever" or just for a session?

- "Forever": View "WBS" --> Open all projects --> Move all WBS into one project. That's it.

- Temporarily: Leave all projects untouched --> Just open in common.

Watch Schedule parameter setting "Calculate float based on end date of:" - Not essential, but will help.

I hope this will solve your item.

Regards

Dieter