Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Installation >> Error Creating Project Management Database. Error 2

No replies
Pongthep Plodpluang
User offline. Last seen 7 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, seeking for solution for the above error. I try to install P6.2 standalone on Windows 7 32 bit. I have gone through several install/uninstall without success.

I start form running setup from installation pack, follow step by step with no error, I observed SQL database was built and started from status line. It also shows that SQL Express 2005 database was successfully installed. Now a tricky part is that when it installs Project Management & Methodology Management and at the most end where it try to config new database the following errors are displayed one after another with just one option to click on "OK"

Error Creating Project Management Database. Error 2

Error Creating Methodology Management Database. Error 2

Then it shows "Database alias PMDB exists. Do you want to create?   YES/NO" and again "Database alias MMDB exists. Do you want to create? YES/NO"  I have tried both YES & NO then it shows "Setup has finished installing P 6.2 on your computer.

Now when I what to open local PMDB it shows error Unable to connect to database  Would you like to configure the database connection now?   the same issue as other people have, I cannot connect to local database. However I can still connect to database on the SQL server and work smoothly.

I really need local database for trial & error, it is very useful for me.   Last time when I upgrade from P5 to P6.2 there is no error at all thought it was on XP.

Any can give a little light? 

Your advise is much appreciate 

Thanks,

PTP