Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Other Program Change upon Global change

5 replies [Last post]
James bid
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline

Dear experts.

What is the possible mistake done upon having a global change  with a program "C" that other program "A" and "B" in other EPS changed also as what in program "C"?. Global change is Rebaseline.

Program "C" is a copy of program "B" but different EPS.

Hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks

Chris

Replies

James bid

Thanks alex for raising your questions.

EPS name "Baseline" and " Progress " are only sample names just to mention that I have two EPS used.

Heres what Happened.

I found a current programme ( programme B") from  the PC of a previous planner which was recently resigned. I can't find the baseline, so, what I did is to copy this and paste to another EPS , which is now called Programme "C".

I applied a global chnge to program "C" which is rebaseline ( removing actuals, Planned start& finish date = start & Finish date, remaining duration = originl Duration)

After the global change made successful, i mean all the actuals removed and dates resumed to its original,  i checked also the current program (Programme B) and found out that It also changed as what I did in programme "C".

Thanks and hope my  statements enlightened your question.

Chris

James bid

Thanks alex for raising your questions.

EPS name "Baseline" and " Progress " are only sample names just to mention that I have two EPS used.

Heres what Happened.

I found a current programme ( programme B") from  the PC of a previous planner which was recently resigned. I can't find the baseline, so, what I did is to copy this and paste to another EPS , which is now called Programme "C".

I applied a global chnge to program "C" which is rebaseline ( removing actuals, Planned start& finish date = start & Finish date, remaining duration = originl Duration)

After the global change made successful, i mean all the actuals removed and dates resumed to its original,  i checked also the current program (Programme B) and found out that It also changed as what I did in programme "C".

Thanks and hope my  statements enlightened your question.

Chris

James bid

Good Day Alex!

I a'm just asking what went wrong or possible mistake when I did a global change in my program "C" because other program " let say Program B" in other EPS changed also same as program C.

pls See illustatration of different EPS

EPS 1: Baseline

Program "B" : changed also after Global change the same as in program "C"

EPS 2 :PROGRESS

Program "C": : Applied Global change

Note: Program C was copied from program B

Thanks

Chris