Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

user start date and user end date columns

6 replies [Last post]
shaik Barkatulla
User offline. Last seen 7 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,

Please guide me for the below,

In P6, user defined fields there is user start date1 and user end date1. i need to add this columns to my existing base line activities and add my forecast start date and finish date. after adding i want to see the duration and required manpower for user start date ad user end date.

is it possible???

Regards

Replies

shaik Barkatulla
Thank you Mike

regards
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Shaik

I do not use P6 but I am sure you can set up some user fields and just copy the excell data into the programme.

Unless your man gets hold of the electronic copy he will never know.

Best regards

Mike Testro
shaik Barkatulla
Dear Mike,

Thanks for your reply, this is good, but my manager needs the same in primavera!!! can you help..

Regards
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Shaik

Just use a spreadsheet for the forecasts.

Take your planned data into a spreadsheet as a data base and then use pro rata formulaes for your forecast.

Set up a spreadsheet template for your engineers input and just copy it into your formula.

Best regards

Mike Testro
shaik Barkatulla
Dear Rodel,

Thanks for your reply,
Actually i am submitting weekly updated program to main contractor. for this program duration type is fixed duration and units.

My manager required from me is to add forecast duration and forecast start and finish to baseline. this forecast start and finish dates i need to get from site engineers by trade. based on this we need to know required manpower for each activity for forecast duration. (This is for internal not to main contractor)

looking forward your cooperation

Regards
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 1 day 3 hours ago. Offline
shaik,
User define field is just for information or special use. If you created users define field for forecast date start/finish then you also need to create UDF duration and run a global change to store duration and do the same on manpower required. The only puzzles me is why you need to do that? why not using current project as it will already give you forecast date. Unless you have special purpose then yes it is possible.