Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

The Oracle Primavera Support Community is now live!

12 replies [Last post]
Tony Banks
User offline. Last seen 13 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
We are pleased to introduce the new Oracle Primavera Support Community available through MyOracle Support.
The Oracle Primavera Community gives us the opportunity to collaborate with you in new ways, providing a place to share information, ask questions and find solutions. In addition to partnering with Oracle Support Engineers, who will moderate the forums within the community, you will also be able to leverage the knowledge of other community members with a vast range of experience and expertise. Through your own and others members’ contributions to Discussions, Tips and Tricks, Knowledge Documents and other resources, the level of knowledge in the community grows and adds value for all its participants. Ultimately, the Primavera Community will help you make the most of your Oracle products.
The launch of this Support sponsored Community encompassing all Primavera products represents the first step from which you, the customer, can help to strengthen and sculpt the development of the Community.
To visit the Primavera Community, login to My Oracle Support (https://support.oracle.com) and click the Communities tab or go to https://communities.oracle.com. We look forward to receiving your input, working together, and continuing to deliver industry-leading, proactive, and personalised support!

Thanks!
The Oracle Primavera Community Support Team

Replies

Tony Banks
Hi Mike,

Of course, and we at Oracle also have direct phone and web support 24*7, 365 days per year. The support communities are just one of a number of service benefits available to customers who have a valid support contract. For anyone that wishes to know more about these benefits, please go to

http://www.oracle.com/support/premier/index.html

Thanks for your interest in the service!

Regards
Tony
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 7 weeks 10 hours ago. Offline
Hi Tony

On the rare occasions that I need help with my Asta software I phone the support line and they sort me out directly.

I can if I wish use their support website but the phone is much more personal.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Tony Banks
Hi All,

The new Oracle community for Primavera users is part of the My Oracle Support portal, and therefore access to My Oracle Support is required for access to the community itself.

This is part of the overall support service offered to all Oracle Primavera users who are under a valid support contract.

Thanks!
Mike Testro
Hey PP

Now is the chance to copy all Primavera queries onto the Oracle Support platform and check the quality of the advice against that given by PP members - the difference in response time will be interesting.

I am assuming that the new service will be open to non Primavera licence holders.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Tony Banks
Hi Samer

Correct, the Oracle Community on My Oracle Support is moderated by Oracle engineers, and those engineers can and will assist with any posts or threads that pop up on that community.

Sorry if that was not clear from the original post. Hopefully you will be able to drop by!

Thanks
Tony
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Tony,

So you mean that you will not answer questions of PP members here, and you are interested in posting the new website only.

With kind regards,

Samer
Tony Banks
Hi Samer

The message posted is just letting the forum members know of the launch of the Oracle Primavera community via the My Oracle Support portal. You can access the community via the URL in the original post, for any Planning Planet forum members that are interested in making use of this new community.

Regards
Tony
Samer Zawaydeh
Dear Tony,

Do you mean that you want PP members to post their questions at another site?

With kind regards,

Samer
Tony Banks
I look forward to seeing the users log onto the Oracle Primavera community to get the help they are after!

Thanks
Tony
Mike Testro
Hi Tony

I will believe it when I see it.

Powerproject has a constant watch on queries for their software - luckily they are few and far between.

Primavera / Oracle however have a massive task - currently 4943 topics to P6 + P3 against 108 topics to PowerProject - good luck.

Best regards

Mike Testro.
Tony Banks
The My Oracle Support community is fully moderated by qualified Oracle Primavera support engineers. If you post a thread on the forum, it will be looked at by the moderators as well as many other people who can assist you in your queries.

Thanks!
Samer Zawaydeh
Dear Tony,

Welcome to PP.

How about answering all the questions that are raised about P6 with the correct answer immediately when they arise. This will get the discussions rolling.

With kind regards,

Samer