Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

In P6 import/export P3 option disabled

8 replies [Last post]
ananda vijayan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi friends,

In primavera 6.2 import/export primavera project planner p3 option disabled and all other options enabled. I want to enabled p3 option.

Kindly help the above matter.
Thanks & Regards,
VJ

Replies

Genie Regodos
User offline. Last seen 9 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Yes, but only if you have 32-bit P6 Professional installed in a 32-Bit Windows XP in which the old 32-Bit P3 is installed. But the problem is Most computer is running in Windows is 64-bit and you cannot install p3 in 64-bit machine. Thats my problem too. I have P6 Prtofessional in my Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) cannot install P3, so import/export is "grayed" or disabled. I am exploring if i could go upgrade to Windows Ultimate that can able to rune Windows XP mode virtually, then install p3 in virtual XP. I am not sure if i'll do it, i will be able to import/export prx to P6 Professional.   Anybody have done this?

Genie Regodos

Yes, but only if you have 32-bit P6 Professional installed in a 32-Bit Windows XP in which the old 32-Bit P3 is installed. But the problem is Most computer is running in Windows is 64-bit and you cannot install p3 in 64-bit machine. Thats my problem too. I have P6 Prtofessional in my Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) cannot install P3, so import/export is "grayed" or disabled. I am exploring if i could go upgrade to Windows Ultimate that can able to rune Windows XP mode virtually, then install p3 in virtual XP. I am not sure if i'll do it, i will be able to import/export prx to P6 Professional.   Anybody have done this?

Genie Regodos

The problem is you can't install P3 in 64-bit Windows operating systemand my P6 is 64-bit, how will it import my PRX file to P6?

Genie Regodos

The problem is you can't install P3 in 64-bit Windows operating systemand my P6 is 64-bit, how will it import my PRX file to P6?

ananda vijayan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Arnold and all helping friends.

Regards,
VJ
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
I believe that instead of the older “push” system where P6 creates P3 files, you now have to “pull” by creating an XER backup file and then running the new program that converts an XER into P3 files. Look for that program in the distribution program files. You give that program to your P3 owner to use.

The “push” system still works if you have both P3 and P6 installed on the same computer. I have no idea what drove Primavera to fix something that wasn’t broken. Good luck!
Ferdinand U.
User offline. Last seen 6 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
i red before that you need to install first p3 before p6.2 to have it worked

just forgot where i red it
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ananda,

Try this link:

http://www.planningplanet.com/forum/forum_post.asp?fid=1&Cat=8&Top=66623

I don’t know why is this happening. But in my case, I didn’t encounter this kind of dilemma.

Regards,

Arnold