Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 : Period Actual Line on S-Curve Profile

3 replies [Last post]
Bobby Cunningham
User offline. Last seen 12 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello all,
Question 1:
Is there a way to show the ’actual this period’ line only up to the current data date line instead of continueing straight across the profile to the Y-axis.
Question 2:
How do I show percentage values instead of manhours on the Y-axis.

I look forward to your replies.
Regards.

Replies

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

You are Welcome Bob.

Bobby Cunningham
User offline. Last seen 12 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Arnold,

Thanks a million for your assistance.

Been a wee while since I worked with P6 and therefore a wee bit rusty.
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Bobby,

1. Use the Activity Usage Profile instead of Resource Usage Profile, and select labor, nonlabor, materials, expenses or total.

You can also use the Tracking.

2. First, check the Total Manhours of your project. Let say, 1,000,000 manhours.

Go to Resource Usage Profile or Activity Usage Profile, then at the lower right corner of your screen or in the Histogram & Curve workspace, right click and select profile option.

In the Graph Tab, tick the "Calculate Average" under the "Divide interval totals by:" write the 10,000 instead of 1,000,000 manhours. You need to divide it by 100.

Under the "Unit of Measure:" Put the "%" symbol.

Finally, go to edit --> User Preferences, Time Units Tab, tick the "Show Unit Label".

HTH.

Regards,

Arnold