Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Global changes to User Defined Fields

4 replies [Last post]
Colin Tait
User offline. Last seen 15 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
When using User Defined Fields, is there an easy way to rename each field globally, so that other users of the enterprise can readily identify which columns to add to their personal layouts?

(ie they could add a "Building No" column to their view, rather than me ask them to add "user_number2" and edit the column heading themselves)

Thanks

Colin

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Colin
Maybe I didn’t understand your question properly.
1. Change column’s title: As described before: valid for a certain layout which may be accessible for all users or a spicified one or a project
2. Change the name of a udf: Enterprise --> UDF --> select UDF’s area (Activities, Projects...)
3. Change contents: Global change works for some of the groups only.

Hope this helps
Dieter
Colin Tait
User offline. Last seen 15 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Dieter

However, it’s a global change (ie - for ALL users) that I’m looking for.

Colin
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Colin

In your layout you can modify a column’s title, e.g. for UDF_2.
Cursor into the table area --> right button --> select "columns" --> mark UDF_2 --> "Edit Column" --> Enter the name --> ...

Hope this helps

Dieter
David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline
no.

The only work around is to create a new udf with the name you want, and populate it