Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Creating resources by importing them from Excel sheet

6 replies [Last post]
Ali Farhat
User offline. Last seen 13 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi everyone,

is there a way to create resources by importing them from excel sheet? i tried to do so but seems like P6 ignores any added resource. I know i can update existing resources, but seems like there is no way to add new ones.

your help is appreciated

Replies

Ali Farhat
Hey Guys,
many thanks you have really enriched "My Database" ;)
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Check solution ID prim 65211

or else u can drop a mail at ravirajab@yahoo.co.in. I will fwd the excel file

BUT, for that

An Application user must have "View Global\Project Data Via SDK" Global Permissions to Export.

And Application user must have "Admin\Superuser" Global Permissions to Export and Import.

Cheers,

Rav
Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
yup Ali Farhat P6 is diffrent with P3 version which we can edit or amend it by excell worksheet....
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Software Development Kit (SDK) Web-Based Documentation = This is typically a set of development tools that allows a software engine to create applications for a certain software package.

For further information please refer to Primavera Documentation.

Arnold
Ali Farhat
what is SDK?
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ali,

You cannot create new resources using excel spreadsheet. You can only assign existing resources to your existing activities.

You must create your new resources in P6 Resource Window and assign them to your different existing activites.

The only workaround is to use SDK. You can create, add, modify & delete.

HTH.

Regards,

Arnold