Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

database ’PMDB10’ is full. Error code PRMDB-2035-6

3 replies [Last post]
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
While working on P6, following error code pop on screen.

PRMDB-2035-6: PRM DBAccess Error: Database Server Error: The log file for database ’PMDB10’ is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space.

What does that mean. I hav asked tat on POINT, but it may take few days to get reply from them.

help plz

Replies

A D
There’s a primavera bulletin on this

Check solution No. 200363104250

U need to shrink the log file

Cheers,
A D
Thanks Dieter,

I thought it’s a error from my side. But, apparently, Admin has completed the required things.

Thnaks Neway, for the help

Cheers,
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 5 days ago. Offline
Raviraj
This is an item for your Database Admin. All db systems have a log-file to do a rollback (into a certain stable status) in case of crash or other difficulties or simply an "undo".
"Full" in general can have those reasons:
1. Server run too long time without stop and restart (MS SQL Server)
2. Technical problems e.g. network not stable --> many retries or a technical equipment within the network damaged
3. Wrong parametrization of the database
4. If you have an interface to e.g. SAP: program error.

P6 shouldn’t be the reason.

Good luck!
Dieter