Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P5 printing issue when sending to Adobe .pdf

1 reply [Last post]
Eric Rivera
User offline. Last seen 6 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Guys, I hope someone can help me out with this small technical issue/glitch...

When I want to print a report from the P5->Reports tab to Adobe (.pdf), the program will automatically resize the report to some sort of "fit to page" format during the "print" process. The other schedulers with me are also experiencing this same problem.

The work-around I am currently using is to first do a "Print Preview", where it will resize the report to "fit to page" size. Then do "print preview" again, switching the report from Landscape to Portrait. It stays in the smaller size, but re-orients the paper direction. THEN do "print preview" once more, setting the report BACK to Landscape. The preview is now back to it’s proper size and orientation, and I can print it without issue.

While not difficult to do, it is still a pain in the behind every time I want to send a report to a .pdf file, and shouldn’t NEED to be done if everything is set correctly and working.

I am using Primavera Project Management v5.0 SP3 and Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Standard.

Has anyone else had this experience? Is there a setting somewhere that I may be missing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

David Podmore
User offline. Last seen 12 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Eric,

It’s difficult to diagnose your exact problem without having access to all the factors but I would start by establishing how the printer is set as default. If it is a network printer your administrator may have set it for some other application and thus you MAY be unable to change this default.
Next I would check the printer instance on your PC and have it set to the desired configuration. If this is at odds with other apps then create a P5 specific instance for use with P5 only. (what I do)
Also, it appears that print settings (size, orientation etc) are stored in the P5 Layout so this may add to the confusion.

As for pdfs in general, we use CutePdf Writer with zero problems.

Oh for a MACRO language in P5 eh?