Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Installation help

11 replies [Last post]
ananda vijayan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Dear friends,

Currently i am using P5 with windows XP(SQL server 2000). Now i want to upgrade P6. But I have problem with P6 installation.

1. Runing SQL server 2005 setup, SQL server database services menu showing the following error. "SQL server setup cannot perform the upgrade because the component is not installed on the computer. To proceed, verify that the component to be upgraded is currently installed, and that the component to be upgraded is specified in the ADDLOCAL property. For more information, see running setup from the command prompt in SQL Server Books online."

2. After completion of the P6 setup, the following error appear, " Bad Public user name & password. Database server error, SQL network/Interfaces. Error locating server / Instance specified. (XFFFFFFF)"

Kindly help in the above matter.

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

VJ

Replies

Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Charles,

I think you can try to re-install. I do not have yet any experience.

Regards.

Arnold
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
In my case,

the note was shown: license expired

What will I do??? Do I have to buy a new License

or

I will go underground.

Cheers,
happy planning and scheduling
Arnold Puy
Hi Barry,

In your case, if you want to upgrade P5 to P6. Prior to installation of P6 do not uninstall the P5, just insert P6 CD into your CD-ROM and follow the instruction.

To complete your P6 installation without any difficulties you can download "How to Install P6 Standalone Version.doc" from this site:

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/7036735/e57980c8/sharing.html?rnd=60

HTH.

Arnold

Barry Fullarton
User offline. Last seen 10 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there

I have P5 up and running on my Lap Top

I have tHE p6 DISKS TO UPGRADE, Now without wanting to experince any difficulties , how would i upgrdae
regards
Ozan GULERYUZ
User offline. Last seen 4 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
You’re welcome!
I’m glad it worked for you too.
It took a lot of time of mine. After a lot of installations&uninstallations of P6 and SQL server, I figured it out finally.
Best.
Mustafa Ismayilzada
User offline. Last seen 4 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Ozan,

Thanks very much, its up & running now :)

All the best.
Ozan GULERYUZ
User offline. Last seen 4 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Solution for, "Bad private user name or password. Check the public group ID. Database Server Error: Invalid object name ’PUBUSER’." is,

When you finished the installation,
DON’T configure the databases, PM and MM.
CANCEL both, then RESTART.
That’s it!
Mustafa Ismayilzada
User offline. Last seen 4 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Please help,

Installed P6 and MS SQL Server 5. In SQL Server created database, user and assigned all necessary rights. Enabled all network protocols.
When launching P6 it requires Database Configuration to be completed first. Have difficulties with Database Configuration Wizard - have no idea what the following fields mean: Database Alias and Public Group ID.
Using defaults for these two values gives an error: "Bad private user name or password. Check the public group ID. Database Server Error: Invalid object name ’PUBUSER’."

Please advise.
Thanking you in advance.

Mustafa
Arnold Puy
You,re Welcome..
ananda vijayan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Dear friend Mr.Arnold,

Thank you very much for your advice. It is working now.

It’s great.

Thank you once again,

Best regards,

VJ
Arnold Puy
Hi Ananda,

The same experienced I had before but, fortunately and finally I installed P6 in my Computer.

If you installed P6 without un-installing P5 it will automatically upgrade P5 to P6. My question is, did you deleted the Microsoft SQL Server Folder? If you do so, the best way to resolve your problem is to copy the Microsoft SQL Server Folder that you deleted from other computer and paste it back to your computer. Then, proceed to the installation of your P6.

Hope this help..

Regards,

Arnold