Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resources import from excel to Primavera P6

2 replies [Last post]
mirko piras
User offline. Last seen 15 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Good afteroon, everyone!

I have a problem with Primavera P6.
How do I import a library of resources from excel to P6 without having to manually enter it?
I would just item (Res ID, Res name, Res Type, Unit of measoure and Price / unit).
Is there anyone who can help me?
Thank you in advance and sorry for my english!

Mirko.

Replies

mirko piras
User offline. Last seen 15 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mohammed!
Thank you very much, with you suggests I can put inside P6 the update activities.
Thank you very much enough!

Have a nice day.

Mirko.
Mohammed Abo El Magd
User offline. Last seen 14 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mirko,
I think your English is fine. I got the problem. Now that what you should do,
Go to File menu - Export option .
From this window, choose Excel format. Then choose Recourses.

Then Go forward with the wizard. Until you’ve been asked about the columns you would like to export. Select the columns you mentioned. When prompt click finish.

Now, open the excel sheet you exported and your own sheet. Copy & baste in suitable columns. Save & close. Then import it to P5.

I hope this is clear. Waiting for your feedback.

Regards
Mohamed