Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planned Dates change with Early Dates

3 replies [Last post]
Mangesh Khuspe
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 7 hours ago. Offline
Hi
all i have problem with p5, after scheduling why the planned dates change to match the start and finish dates.

as i update the dates change
thanks in advance

Regards

Mangesh

Replies

Mangesh Khuspe
hi
khoung
thanks for your help i found it out
the last guy who had worked on that project had manipulated all the columns and dates jsut for the sake getting the printouts, when i started working on it,
the problems due to manipluation surfaced and i was unable to understand and finally i sorted out the problem and got that thing on track

cheers

mangesh
Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 16 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Mangesh

Herein I give you some definition of activity date. Hope it can clarify you queries after researching them carefully.

Start
For an activity that has not started, the current start date of the activity. Set to the remaining start date until the activity is started, then set to the actual start date.

Finish
For an activity that has not started, the current finish date of the activity. Set to the activity planned finish date when the activity is not started, the remaining finish date when the activity is in progress, and the actual finish date once the activity is completed.

Early Start
The earliest possible date the remaining work for the activity can begin. This date is calculated by the project scheduler based on activity relationships, schedule constraints, and resource availability. The Early Start equals the Remaining Start unless you preserve the scheduled early dates during leveling.

Early Finish
The earliest possible date the activity can finish. This date is calculated by the project scheduler based on activity relationships, schedule constraints, and resource availability. The Early Finish equals the Remaining Finish unless you preserve the scheduled early dates during leveling.

Late Start
The latest possible date the remaining work for the activity must begin without delaying the project finish date. This date is calculated by the project scheduler based on activity relationships, schedule constraints, and resource availability. The Late Start equals the Remaining Late Start unless you preserve the scheduled late dates during leveling.

Late Finish
The latest possible date the activity must finish without delaying the project finish date. This date is calculated by the project scheduler based on activity relationships, schedule constraints, and resource availability. The Late Finish equals the Remaining Late Finish unless you preserve the scheduled late dates during leveling.

Planned Start
For an activity that has not started, the date the activity is scheduled to begin. This date is set equal to the early start date by the project scheduler but can be updated manually by the project manager. This date is not changed by the project scheduler once you apply an Actual Start date.

Planned Finish
For an activity that has not started, the date the activity is scheduled to finish. This date is set equal to the early finish date by the project scheduler but can be updated manually by the user. This date is not changed by the project scheduler once you apply an Actual Finish date.

THanks & regard
Khuong
Mangesh Khuspe
hi
i have saved baseline and updated against it, the target bars remain in their original position but planned dates change to early start or finish dates.

The target bars date do not match with planned dates.
the target bars show the exact dates but why do the planned dates change.
I Have renamed start and finish columns as early start and early finish columns

regards

Mangesh