Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

User Defined fields (UDF)

5 replies [Last post]
Mukesh Jain
User offline. Last seen 13 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
in p3e/c 4.1, one UDF (say wtd_value) has been defined for activities. Now I want to copy the value of above UDF in budgeted unit for a specific resource through global change. But in global change screen for resource assignment, above UDF (wtd_value) is not appearing. Kindly help me.

Regards

Replies

Dinesh Kumar Dama...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mukekh,

Try SDK, you can do that.

Regards

Dinesh
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi

Buy an integration tools in the market. That will help
Resource assignment, Project code, EPS, Role, UDF ...
Interested PM me I will give you some web site to look @

Alex
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Could try creating your resource UDF, then organise your plan by resource copy over the first value, then fill down.
Mukesh Jain
User offline. Last seen 13 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks

Is there any other method (other than global change) to copy values of (activity) UDF to (Resource) UDF for respective activities.

Regards
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
UDF’s are defined as additional to activities, resources, risks and others.

If the field you have defined is an (activity) UDF, then it will not be available through Global Change for Resources, you would need to define it as a (Resource) UDF.

HTH