Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Progress Curve

6 replies [Last post]
Emmanuel Udo
User offline. Last seen 5 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
I need to modify the vertical axes of the progress curve.
The curve was developed using expense values. But I need to remove the $ signs and possible replace it with %. Is this possible? has somebody done it before?
Please, advise.

Emmanuel

Replies

sachin sangai
User offline. Last seen 8 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
hi guys
Thanks for the help. but can I keep different scales for the histogram and the curve and can i show the values (Data labels) as we can in excel.

sach
Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Dinesh,

Yes you’re right i misunderstood
You have to divide by your total budget and multiply by hundred (or as you say divide by total budget/100) works very fine.

Thanks

regards

Henk
Dinesh Kumar Dama...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Henk,

I tried it and it works.Let’s say you have a planned value of 37000000, you devide it by 370000 and include % sign in the unit of measure.The planned value will be shown as 100% and actuals and earned value will be calculated and shown accordingly.Try it.

Thanks & regards

Dinesh
Henk van der Heide
Hi Dinesh,

I dont think this is the same.
The meaning is to see the % of the total budget (total budget is 100%). to do this you have to divide through the total budget. Not a number like 10/100 or 1000.

Regards

Henk

Dinesh Kumar Dama...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

May be you can try to use the following :

Under activity profile/resource profile, choose profile options >graph tab > tick calculate average >devide the total shown on the profile by 10 if it is in 1000 and 100 if it is in 10000 and so on >type % in the units of measure> apply.

Thanks & regards

Dinesh
Henk van der Heide
Hi,

It’s not possible to set % on one of the Axis.

You better make a timedistributed report, dump it to excel.
The new release will have this option (so i’m told).

Regards

Henk